Friday, May 23, 2014

Printrbot teases a new makers simple design

Friday May 23 on twitter Printrbot tweeted a picture of what may be there next version of the Printrbot makers simple. The same one I have but with a design that look much like there all metal design version.

It looks like it has a auto level sensor for the bed. Also it looks like the fishing line has been left to fishing and not printing. As those look like belts to me.



With this teaser I wondering if these means if you want a the XL upgrade for the current printrbot simple will soon be gone too. Might pick one up just in case.  Would assume this version would see a  price increase over the current $350 model if it includes belts and a leveling sensor.

Edit: Printrbot has now tweeted all printrbot simples makers edition 2014 (Like I have) are on sale $324 and will soon be gone. If you want one like mine for cheap better visit printrbot.com and buy one asap.

Just got info that this new printer is real, and it will have belts! And yes an auto leveling sensor. With a print volume of 100mmx100mmx120mm (hxdxw) that an increase over 100mmx100mmx100mm of the past version. It will cost the same $350 for the kit version (Awesome! wish I would have waited one month so I could of had belts alone. plus the added print volume. The sensor thing is not super huge, cause I already ordered one for my printer for a extra $25)


No comments:

Post a Comment