Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Printrbot offers Upgrade kit for all printrbot simples

Last week Printrbot announced a new makers simple design with GT2 Belts and auto leveling sensor and slightly bigger build volume. I just got my printrbot simple (micro printer) about 6 weeks ago. And was a little disappointed I did not wait. Well well printrbot just added a upgrade ( or cross-grade) kit to the newer design.



The upgrade kit includes New laser cut wood parts. 2 (11'') GT2 Belts, 4 - 624 Bearings, Auto leveling probe, Metal Z coupler, Large Kysan Motor (which will replace the current small Y axis motor) 12 - washers, 4 - M4 12mm screws, 10 - M3 16mm screws, 8- M3 Hex nuts, 40- Zip Ties

It is listed as a $75.00 upgrade however there currently is a sale on the kit at $45.00

Well when I seen this I bought one, $45.00 for a belt upgrade , auto leveling probe and a slightly bigger build volume is worth it. Also I like how the printer board is located under the printer because it was so hard to access on my current frame. 

Here a link to the simple makers upgrade kit. https://printrbot.com/shop/makers-upgrade-kit/

No comments:

Post a Comment