Monday, July 7, 2014

A month since upgrading Printrbot to 1405 version.

Its over a month since I received my printrbot 1405 upgrade kit and unboxed it, dissembled the older printrbot simple and reassembled the the newer version. Many things went wrong with the upgrade, like missing and broken parts (yet again). The hot end shorted out due to melted wires. And the upgrade tock time getting replacement parts.



I been now printing with the newer 1405 printrbot version for almost 3 weeks and I got to say this is a well worth upgrade to the fishing line version I had before. The belts do not need adjusting as often as the fishing line did and keep tension and print at tight tolerances, better than before.

The auto leveling sensor work awesome once it was calibrated. (and that tock a few days to get just right) The 1405 Printrbot simple is now just as good as any other printer I used for doing PLA prints. I would recommend it. However be sure to know the maintenance of these printers can cost extra money than the list price, so keep that in mind. I already spend double the cost of this printer maintaining and upgrading it. However its still cheaper than most printers on the market even with the added cost. Also I learned way more owning this printer than any other on how to fix it and how it works.

I also made the table top for this new printer version to sit on. (acrylic) It has a opening and a hole that  help vent the printer board during printing (located under the machine). Also It doubles as a nice shelf for printer tools and tape when its not in use. (as seen in photo above)

No comments:

Post a Comment