Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Printrbot simple upgrade; Print size smaller than before.

One of the reasons why I upgraded my printrbot simple to the newer version upgrade kit was for the bigger advertised print volume. Now that I built and started configuring the upgraded version I notice some very annoying new measurements, what ends up in smaller print sizes than I had on the past (fishing line) version. The new design printrbot on twitter claimed at 100mm x100mmx 112mm.



After measuring it myself its Z-(111mm) X(100mm) Y(90mm) I original got this printing to print objects at 95mm cubed. but since I upgraded that not possible because the Y axis lost 10mm of space. Printrbot really needs to list the actual dimensions when selling these products. If I knew this I would have never upgraded. Now I most likely end up having to buy the all metal printer even thought its bigger than I need because of false dimensions.

If your reading this because your interested in upgrading keep this in mind you lose build space in the Y axis by 10 mm.

Edit: I found a fix to this and posted it in this blog post http://3dprintkit.blogspot.com/2014/06/printrbot-1405-upgrade-tips.html

No comments:

Post a Comment